CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Take part in the GO FOR CLIL competition
• To build your reputation as a CLIL expert.
• To share your professional expertise with colleagues.
• To win a prize.
Who can participate?
• LAKMA members 2012 – English teachers at any level of education – who use the CLIL approach / elements in their classes.
• Other subject teachers at secondary level (lower and upper) who use the CLIL approach.
• Teacher teams – an English teacher and a subject teacher – who collaborate in CLIL.
How to enter?
• Register your intention to participate in the competition HERE by 15 September 2012.
• Plan a CLIL lesson which demonstrates effective methods, techniques or procedures.
• Film your lesson (have it filmed).
• Make a 7-10 minute video clip to represent the lesson.
• Add an introduction. Add comments by the teacher(s) and/or the students.
• Record the video clip on a CD or a USB stick.
• Fill in the Entry Form HERE by 15 October 2012.
• If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the main requirements?
• Integration – adherence to the CLIL principles.
• Innovation – modern methods, techniques and procedures.
• Practicality – applicability of ideas, materials and activities in other contexts.
Who evaluates the videos?
• LAKMA members will be able to access the video clips on LAKMA website and leave their comments and votes.
• A committee consisting of LAKMA board members and partner representatives will decide on the winners.
What are the prizes?
• Two 2nd prizes (LTL 200 each)
• Three 3rd prizes (LTL 100 each)
• Special prizes in different categories (primary, secondary, tertiary)
GO FOR CLIL sponsors are:
The winners will be announced and awarded on 26 October 2012.
Terms and conditions
By entering this competition, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
• All video clips will be publicised on LAKMA and British Council website.
• The winner video clips will be shown at LAKMA Assembly on 26 October 2012.
• The authors of the winner video clips will share their experience with colleagues at LAKMA events in 2012/2013.
• The submitted video clip is an authentic and original product created by the author(s).
• The teacher has parental consent to film the pupils (at primary and secondary level).
• The video clip has not been publicised prior to the competition.
• Entries submitted after 15 October 2012 are excluded from the competition.
• Entry Forms that are incomplete will not be accepted.
• The conditions might be changed if necessary for the coherence of the project. If the changes are substantial, the organisers will contact the competitors.